- Our Vision and Values
- Our Resources
- Our Team
- Expectations of Kit
- Key Stage 3 Information
- Key Stage 4 Information
- Key Stage 5 Information
To maintain and stimulate student interest and enjoyment in Physical Education in order to promote lifelong participation in sport and to increase students’ awareness of healthy, active lifestyles.
To inspire all students to become highly motivated individuals, that strive to do their best and be their best in all areas that we cover, sharing our knowledge and expertise with all students in order to develop a positive attitude towards lessons and beyond.
- Every student has something to offer.
- Every student needs encouragement to shine.
- Every student has the ability to try and nothing less will be accepted.
- Effort is valued as highly as overall performance / results / outcomes.
- To provide a challenging and diverse curriculum designed to encourage independence, develop confidence and promote teamwork.
- To deliver consistently good to outstanding lessons.
- To be role models to all students that we teach.
- To maintain our high standards and expectations of behaviour, level of effort, positive attitude and performance within all lessons.
- To develop an extra curricular programme that engages as many students as possible.
The PE Department is well resourced for the delivery of the National Curriculum at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, having a gymnasium, a sports hall, and a dance studio as well as a recently (2012) built state of the art 3G artificial playing surface. Our facilities also include a full size rugby pitch with two small practice pitches, senior and junior football pitches with mini practice areas and four netball / tennis courts.
Our facilities have undergone extensive refurbishment over the past few years. These include the new 3G Astroturf, resurfacing of the netball / tennis courts including floodlights. Our newly refurbished changing room facilities inside the Pavilion for student and community use which have been completed to a very high standard. The department prides itself on its total commitment to the development of each student in the school both physically and socially. During the summer curriculum delivery, there are numerous rounders pitches, a baseball pitch, an 8 lane 400m track with marked out field events as well as a 75m sprinting area.
Recently we have redeveloped our cricket wicket to an international artificial wicket, which has been used for community events as well as inter-school fixtures.
All of our facilities are available for hiring. Should you wish to find out any more information please contact the school for further details.
The PE Team
Head of Department – Miss K Swift
Miss S Burrows
Mr R Lane
Ms C O’Brien
Mr S Puttick
Full PE kit must be worn for all PE lessons, clubs and training sessions. Please label all items.
|Navy blue polo shirt with EPCS logo||Navy blue polo shirt with EPCS logo|
|Navy blue football shorts (plain)||Navy blue football shorts (plain)|
|Navy blue football socks||Navy blue football socks|
|White sports socks||White sports socks|
|Navy blue rugby shirt with amber reversible stripe with EPCS logo||Shin pads (Football and Hockey)|
|Correct footwear for 3g pitch: Moulded Boots, Blades, Football Studs – NO METAL TIPS/Astro Trainers||Correct footwear for 3g pitch: Moulded Boots, Blades, Football Studs – NO METAL TIPS/Astro Trainers|
|Shin pads (Football and Hockey)||Gum shield (Rugby and Hockey)|
|Gum shield (Rugby and Hockey)||Hair tie (one spare)|
Additional Kit (recommended)
- EPCS Tracksuit.
- Bag for wet / dirty kit.
- Change of underwear / spare socks.
- Thin, non-restricting blue PE t-shirt or blue base layers for wearing underneath rugby tops.
- No leggings are allowed to be worn during lessons, clubs or fixtures.
- No jewellery can be worn during any physical activity and must be removed.
- All hair must be tied up for every lesson (a hair tie is part of the kit).
- All valuables must be handed in at the start of the lesson. The school will not take any responsibility for the loss or damage to items that are not handed in.
- No aerosols are allowed in school, roll on only.
PE – Key Stage 4
In Year 10 and 11 all students complete four hours of Physical Education over the two week timetable.
Students in Year 10 and 11 will follow a range of activities including some of the following, rugby, football, basketball, netball, volleyball, badminton, tennis, circuits.
Important Equipment and Resources
Students are expected to equip themselves with a full EPCS PE kit for all lessons. Shin pads, gum shield and water bottle.