Autumn Term Y7
- Basic development of web page creation using HTML and bespoke software. Use of notepad to code using HTML. Use of Serif Webplus software to create mufti-page websites.
- They will be learning about E-Safety. With e-safety, students will understand about cyberbullying, how to be safe online.
Spring Term Y7
- Basic introduction to computer systems including input/output devices, contents of a PC and storage devices. The language of computers, Binary and ASCII.
- Spreadsheets, where students will have data which needs to be arranged in rows and columns of grids and can be manipulated and used in calculations.
Summer Term Y7
- Computer programming using logo to control the creation of patterns. They will use sequencing, and iteration to demonstrate their skills.
- Computer programming with scratch to develop concepts of selection, sequencing and iteration.
Autumn Term Y8
- They will be revising their E-Safety knowledge. With e-safety, students will understand about cyberbullying, how to be safe online. This will be developed using desktop publishing software and graphics software to create an appropriate poster.
- The use of and understanding of a Database. They will manipulate the data to create information that is organised and can easily be accessed, managed and updated.
Spring Term Y8
- They will be programming using Small Basic with the emphasis on command line programming to create suitable images. Skills should further develop their understanding of sequence, selection and iteration.
- Programming with Python Graphics to create imagery. Expanding their understanding of programming languages and concepts.
Summer Term Y8
- Introduction to networks and how they work in different workplaces. To include an understanding of LAN’s, WAN’s, and topologies.
- A look at how the internet works and what the World Wide Web is and how packet switching is part of it.
Assessment: Students are given verbal feedback during lessons and half termly homework is marked and given written feedback. Students progress is tracked using a Red, Amber, Green tracker for the skills learned. They are given opportunities for peer and self-assessment on a regular basis.