Whilst many people were preoccupied with the football a group of students and staff attended SHPs live to screen of the musical “All about Jamie” from the Apollo Theatre in London
It was a fantastic show and well worth seeing if you get the opportunity to do so.
Students were, as ever, a pleasure to be with, I look forward to attending other events.
We have regrettably taken the decision to cancel our reserve Sports Day, originally calendared for Friday 13th July. The weather forecast is currently for a 50-60% chance of rain. The decision has also been affected by the school struggling to get a generator for this reserve date, without which we cannot provide a commentary on the track events through a public address system.
In light of sports day not taking place, we will look to create an opportunity for students to compete in House Sports competitions in September. Further details will follow nearer the time. Many thanks for your support
Due to the weather conditions predicted for Friday, Sports Day is cancelled and the reserve day of the 13th July will now be considered. The school day on the 6th of July will operate as normal with the uniform expectations set by Governors in place.
I have phoned our uniform suppliers, and they have all sizes of the PE shorts in stock They are aware our sports day has moved to the 13th of July (pending a decision on the weather conditions) and will ensure any orders placed in good time will be delivered via the school collect system the day before. This arrangement means all students should be able to access and participate in the correct kit as per our uniform policy. Please can you support the school by making sure your child has all the necessary equipment and is aware of our expectations
Regards Liz Cook
Dear Parent / Carer
RE: Sports Day
Parents have been advised that our school Sports Day will take place on Friday 6th July we are monitoring the weather carefully and wish to request the following;
- All students should bring a water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day, sun cream will be needed and a hat to protect students from the sun.
- All students will be in PE kit and this needs to be correct, EPCS branded PE kit as per the schools uniform policy (this overrides the current uniform arrangements explained by the school Governors due for review on the 16th July)
Many students’ value sports day and look forward to competing against their peers in earning House points. All competitors in the morning schedule will have access to shade and water points in-between events these arrangements will continue to be in place for the final session. This is when the rest of the school join us for the final session and the results are shared with the whole school.
The structure of the day will be changing, as advised previously in the Sports Day letter, but please see below for the time changes for the day.
We take advice from the Met Office and the LA regarding the weather and will make a final decision on the day. This will be communicated to all parents and carers via the school website and students will be informed via their tutors.
All staff are allocated responsibilities during the final session either supervising or actively supporting competitors we rely on staffs goodwill to make sure the final session goes smoothly
If you do not wish for your son/daughter to be involved in the afternoon session (period 5 – whole school session), then they will be supervised in a classroom, out of the sun, doing supervised quiet reading due to the pressure on staffing. They will need to bring their reading book with them for this session, as per the school policy. Please advise your son’s / daughter’s Head of Year of this via email before Friday so appropriate arrangements can be made no other options can be entertained. They will not be able to buy refreshments on sale as this will be facilitated on the school field only
08.40 – 08.50 AM Tutor
08.50 – 09.45 Period 1
09.45 – 10.40 Period 2
10.40 – 11.05 Break Time
11.05 – 12.00 Period 3
12.00 – 13.00 Period 4
13.00 – 13.35 Lunch
13.35 – 13.40 PM Registration
13.40 – 15.10 Period 5 – finals – all school on the school field
Thank you in advance for your support with this day.
Year 9 and Year 10 Progress Reports 3 will be available on SLG from 9:00 am on Wednesday 4 July.
Reports are also being sent to Parents/Carers with a registered email address.
If we do not have your current email address, please ensure we have this as soon as possible so that you are kept up to date with your child’s progress.
June Goodchild Examinations & Curriculum Manager
Thank you for your support regarding school uniform, I have consulted with members of the schools governing body who wish to make the following clear
- The school makes provision for students by providing a polo shirt option during the summer term
- Blazer and ties have been stood down during the period of hot weather
- The school does provide adequate water for students to access within the school day- parents are responsible for ensuring their child has an adequate water bottle and uses it sensibly to quench their own thirst not as an item to engage in water fighting
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that their child has sunscreen protection at a suitable factor for their skin type.
- During the hot weather most of the students at EPCS have coped well with the weather conditions accessing shade (we have lots of areas due to the number of trees on the site) However some students have not and have attempted to defy the school uniform rules making life difficult for staff who have to deal with them.
As Governors we expect our students to comply with our uniform rules and policy and our staff to wear clothing appropriate for a working environment. However, we recognise that some students are appearing to struggle so have agreed on the following to be in place until July 16th (At this point it will be reviewed as the weather is abject to change)
Students may only wear
- Full school uniform no blazer or tie (with shoes)
- Summer school uniform no blazer (with shoes)
- School branded PE kit (with trainers)
- School branded PE kit with school summer polo shirt (with trainers)
We would ask you not to make additional work for pastoral staff by allowing your child to deviate from these rules for any reason (unless there is a good medical reason) All students should have access to PE shorts as this is standard school uniform so parents do not need to purchase any additional items.
Governors are discussing the option of tailored shorts to add as an optional item to our uniform and if governors agree, this will be put forward for consultation with parents prior to being adopted by the Governing body.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter and your support of the schools Headteacher
EPCS Governing Body